What building materials are trending in new-home construction? The latest Annual Builder Practices Survey, conducted by Home Innovation, reveals what buyers can expect to see in the new-home market.
1. Garages: The garage door is getting more enhancements, including windows, insulated doors, and doors made of composite or plastic materials. In 2014, 32 percent of all new single-family homes had bays for three or more cars—the most ever recorded in this study's history.
2. Flooring:Carpeting continues to be the most popular flooring option for new construction, with about 83 percent of all new-home bedroom installations having carpeting. However, only about 40 percent of living rooms now have carpet. Hardwood flooring – both solid and engineered types – is the second most popular type of flooring, and is included in 27 percent of all new-home installations. Ceramic tile (which appears in 72 percent of all bathroom floor installation) follows in third place, making up 20 percent of all new-home floor installations, according to the survey.
3. Countertops:For kitchen countertops, granite continues to reign at 64 percent of new-home installations. Quartz/engineered stone is gaining popularity while laminate, solid surfacing, and ceramic tile are losing appeal.
4. Appliances:Cooktops and wall oven combinations are gaining in popularity and make up about 24 percent of the market, compared to freestanding ovens (at 45 percent). Freezer-on-bottom refrigerators are gaining in popularity at 19 percent, while side-by-side has fallen to 28 percent of the share.
5. Kitchen sinks:More buyers are paying attention to their kitchen sink, with the single basin kitchen sink making a comeback, growing from 5 percent to 20 percent of all new single-family homes in the past decade. Also growing in popularity are granite/stone kitchen sinks (at 8 percent). One-piece cultured marble lavatories are continuing to decline in demand, according to the survey
HEAR YE! HEAR YE!ANNOUNCING THE NATION'S FIRST CRYTAL-CLEAR LAGOO
I want to take my time as tell you that this last Sunday Miss Nichol Wheeler was here doing the open house what a difference she made"" .... she really look that she love her job !! she was 30mins early to set up ...with all the signs for the open House .... she had a table cookies,candles
ready to do business. she had 7 people in the open house because she went the extra mile... she is very professional attentive" have not doubts that she is very successful or will be...you should be very proud to have her in your team!
again was very impress with her and want to thank you for sending her over